Keeping Us Safe's Nationally Recognized
"Enhanced Self-Assessment Program"
for Older Drivers
Don't give tragedy the opportunity to strike your family!
"Our self-assessment program for older drivers provides families with the missing link between
their desire to bring this issue to a peaceful resolution, and their ability to actually do so."
Founder, Keeping Us Safe
Our 3-hour, one-on-one session includes:
- Several pen and paper, cognitive and memory related exercises
- An actual on-road driving exercise (assuming it's safe to do so!)
- An in-depth Learning Conversation
Other program intricacies:
- The family will also be presented with a complimentary copy of "Beyond Driving with Dignity; The workbook for older drivers and their families”.
- Within 10 days of the session, the family will receive a written report recapping the details and findings of the session.
- Our driving exercise is performed in your loved one's own car and is performed on routes and in neighborhoods they are most familiar with.
- This self-assessment serves as an additional tool for the older driver and his/her family. As such, results of the session are not reported to the DMV/BMV.
- Medical referrals or doctor prescriptions are accepted but are not required.
- We have very carefully replaced complicated and intimidating driving simulators with the lost art of genuine conversation and personal observation. We will not plug your loved one into a computer or strap them into a simulator.
- We identify those drivers that are at an "elevated" risk for a future traffic accident.
- Our sessions are facilitated in the home of the older driver, at the comfort of their own kitchen table.
- We value and welcome the input of family, friends and caregivers.
- Is your loved-one still a safe driver? We can offer tips on how to remain safe as he or she progresses through the aging process.
- Our Certified "Beyond Driving with Dignity" Professionals know that when older drivers feel they are being heard, they are much more likely to support, rather than merely comply with any resulting decisions. We accomplish this through our in-depth learning conversation with the older driver.
- Our goal is to get your loved one's session scheduled within 5 business days of your call, eliminating lengthy delays in scheduling and reducing the amount of anticipation anxiety on your loved one.
- Payment methods include cash, checks and credit cards.
Your loved one's quality of life depends, in part, on his/her ability to access the community. A huge part of our program is helping that person maintain their pride, dignity, and independence through the difficult life transition of a driving retirement.
Nancy Schuster, MBA
Director of Strategic Alliances
Keeping Us Safe